Our Vision, Mission & History
Our vision is to be transformational leaders in integrative health and wellness.
Our mission is to improve the health of our local and global community through innovative, internationally-recognized research, education, clinical practice, and community engagement efforts focused on integrative health and wellness.
We will demonstrate kindness, compassion and empathy as we endeavor to deliver the education and care our patients need.
We will passionately engage our patients in the process of enhancing their quality of life through knowledge transfer, service delivery and by encouraging more effective self-care.
We will work as a collaborative, interprofessional team to ensure that our knowledge and skills are made available to all members of our community and benefit society as a whole.
We will provide education and services that are informed by leading-edge innovative scientific research.
We will pursue and demonstrate excellence and honesty in all that we do, and we will model behavior that inspires others to follow our lead.
In 2009, the University of Cincinnati partnered with Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center to form the UC-Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center Integrative Health Steering Collaborative.
This interdisciplinary group of staff and faculty worked together to accelerate the rate at which integrative health endeavors were being integrated into the mission of UC’s Academic Health Center.
The steering collaborative has since evolved into a larger group of core center faculty, affiliated faculty, integral staff, stakeholders and community partners.
Today, the Osher Center for Integrative Health at the University of Cincinnati encompasses over 30 core center faculty members from 12 departments at UC health colleges and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and the VA Medical Center. Some key accomplishments include:
- Membership since 2009 in the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health
- Research grants from foundation and federal granting agencies, specifically in mind-body medicine, food as medicine and music & health
- Inpatient Integrative Health services at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Physicians board-certified in Integrative Medicine and Lifestyle Medicine as well as Institute of Functional Medicine trained
- Enhanced medical student curriculum in integrative and lifestyle medicine
- Collaboration with community integrative health practitioners
- Invitation to the Osher Collaborative and a gift from the Bernard Osher Foundation in 2022