College of Medicine Research Core Facilities
The UC College of Medicine houses a number of research core facilities designated as core service centers. These facilities exist within multiple departments but are collectively supported by the College of Medicine, Office of Research through the Associate Dean for Research Core Facilities: Ken Greis, PhD. (firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 513-558-7012).
The service center designation signifies that the rates charged by each of these facilities have been reviewed and approved by the UC government cost compliance office, thus the service fees can be cross-charged to federal grants and contracts. Details related to the services offered and the internal rates for each of the cores are provided below. Since these rates are substantially subsidized by the University, external investigators should contact individual core directors to get a rate quote.
Resources to offset some of the cost of the core services may be available through a variety of centers and institutes across UC depending on an investigator’s affiliation. Information related to some of those opportunities and the website links are provided below:
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Training (CCTST) Just-in-Time Core Support
- Center for Environmental Genetics (CEG) Integrative Technologies Support
We have recently transitioned our core facilities booking and management to the PPMS system from Stratocore. To book and access services from the core facilities, please log in or create an account in Stratocore via:
Stratocore Account Creation Guides:
Clinical Studies Participant Recruitment Service
The Participant Recruitment and Clinical Research Service Center is a unique resource provided by the University Of Cincinnati Department Of Emergency Medicine to support research conducted across the Academic Health Center. The Center is staffed by a team of clinical research coordinators (CRC). Together, they provide a centralized, coordinated approach to screening and recruiting patients for research participation, collecting and processing specimen samples and data, and entering data into clinical trial databases.
Location & Hours:
CRCs are fully integrated into the Emergency Department at University of Cincinnati Medical Center, West Chester and Jewish hospitals, where they work in tandem with the clinical team. The Center staff is available 24hrs/day, 7 days/week.
General Screening Services - $625/month (Internal); $995/month (External)
- CRC availability 24hrs/day for screening and identification of potential study participants and/or healthy controls by monitoring newly-arrived Emergency Department patients through all available means, including patient tracking systems, ED rounds, and electronic health record review.
- Study-specific screen – detailed screening assessment to determine inclusion/exclusion criteria, may include medical record review, consultation with treatment team, patient interview and/or assessment
- Enrollment & consenting – move forward with enrollment of patients who agree to participate in an active therapeutic, interventional research study; this may include additional screening activities
- Study-specific procedures/assessments – protocol specific procedures/assessments
- Phlebotomy – single-stick, blood draws for collection, analysis or shipping
- Follow-Up – assist with telephone and interview follow-up procedures with enrolled subjects
- Data/chart abstraction – medical record review to glean data for case report form completion
- Training – each CRC is required to be trained on each new study protocol
- Sara Keegan, Clinical Research Manager