Serving the educational needs of 700 medical students, the Office of Medical Education (OME) provides central coordination of the curriculum and other educational programs, and ensures that all operational matters of the academic programs are compliant with accreditation standards outlined by the LCME. Throughout the ongoing process of continuous improvement of our curriculum, we embrace new ideas that are not only innovative and evidence-based but emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion in our approach to identifying the most effective, equitable, and efficient ways to improve medical education based on the evidence and scholarly literature.
Some of the ways the OME provides management and oversight of the medical curriculum include:
- Overseeing the Continuous Quality Improvement Process (CQI) for Cincinnati Medicine.
- Providing administrative support to course directors and co‐directors and administering the curriculum management system (Leo).
- Providing support for the curriculum committees.
- Overseeing the design and analysis of student performance in our curriculum using Dynamic Student Dashboards and bi-annual student focus groups.
- Preparing reports and documentation for the LCME Self‐Study/survey visit for reaccreditation and the AAMC annual curriculum inventory.
- Providing consultation services to faculty, resources for development and scholarship, and evaluation
In the News
Local 12: Misunderstood guidelines about COVID-19 overwhelming doctors
Mixmag: Researchers study music app to treat brain fog
President Pinto: Looking ahead to 2022
Contact UsDepartment of
Medical Sciences Building Room 1654
231 Albert Sabin Way
PO Box 670769
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0769
Mail Location: 0769
Email: Emergency Medicine