Skip to main content

Lastest News

UC Medical School Welcomes Its Most Diverse Class

White Coat Ceremony CollegeOn August 9, 2019, the UC College of Medicine welcomed 185 first-year students in its 24th annual White Coat Ceremony.  

“This is a large class filled with exceptional people,” says Abbigail Tissot, PhD, assistant dean for admissions in the college. “They are the most ethnically diverse class we have ever matriculated. We also have more first-generation college students in this class than any other. These students are also slightly older, and many are coming into medical school after gap years rather than directly following undergraduate studies.”

More specifically, 23% percent of this year’s class are from ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented in medicine – the highest percentage ever in the college’s history. There is also a near-even split between men and women enrollees, and first-generation college students account for 14% of the incoming class. Ohio residents account for 52% of the students, while non-Ohio residents account for the remaining 48%. 

See full story.

(Photo: Ravenna Rutledge & Colleen Kelley, UC Creative Services) 

Intranet Login

Contact Us

Medical Scientist
Training Program

Medical Sciences Building
231 Albert Sabin Way
PO Box 670552
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0552

Mail Location: 0552