Recruitment & Selection Policy
The Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship abides by the selection and recruitment policies set forth by the University of Cincinnati’s Office of Graduate Medical Education.
How to Apply
We currently have one trainee position available (PGY-6/CF-5) for July 2021. This position will be filled through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The program does not accept paper applications. All relevant documentation must be submitted through ERAS.
In order to be eligible for acceptance into the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- MD or DO
- US citizenship, permanent resident, or J1 Visa status
- Completed 3 years of U.S. postgraduate training by the time of entry into the fellowship program in an ACGME accredited Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program
- Successful passage of Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3
ERAS documents must include:
- Complete CV
- Personal statement
- USMLE Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 scores
- Three letters of recommendation (one from your Cardiovascular Disease Program Director) as well as a recent photograph.
The following medical school documentation must be required immediately following the NRMP match results:
- Copy of medical diploma and medical school transcript.
Once an applicant's ERAS file is complete, the Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology fellowship director will review the application and, if appropriate, issue an invitation to interview for a fellowship position.
For the 2021 recruitment cycle, all interviews for the Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology fellowship program will be completed virtually. Interviews are extremely important as they allow us to meet the candidate and provide the candidate with an opportunity to meet our faculty, staff and current fellows.