Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
The UC Department of Radiology is dependent on philanthropic support. Below is a list of funding priorities for the department. If you would like to make a gift to any of these funds or would like to explore other giving opportunities, please contact
Mike Zenz at (513) 558-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Cincinnati Robert Lukin Fund was established in 2007. Funds from the endowment were designated to support the research and education efforts of the neuroradiology program at the University of Cincinnati.
Learn More | Make a Gift Now!
The University of Cincinnati Department of Radiology Ben Felson Endowment Fund was established in 1987. Funds from the endowment were designated to be used to support teaching and research in diagnostic radiology. The fund also supports the Ben Felson
Professor of Radiology, a title held by the chair of the department.
The University of Cincinnati Department of Radiology Fund was established in 1964 with a gift from the Estate of Thomas E. Hughes, a long-time employee of the Department. Funds from the endowment were designated to be used for miscellaneous purposes within
The University of Cincinnati Jerome F. Wiot Endowed Chair of Radiology Residency Education Fund was established in 1997. Funds from the endowment were designated to be used to support the Director of the Residency Program and the residency program in
The University of Cincinnati Department of Radiology Nuclear Medicine Fund was established in 1986 through donations of “friends” of the Nuclear Medicine section. The proceeds from the fund were designated to be used for teaching and research
activities in the Nuclear Medicine section.
The University of Cincinnati Department of Radiology Schwinger Fund was established in 1995. The funds were designated to be used for The Harold N. Schwinger, M.D. Lecture Series.
Frederic Silverman graduated from the Syracuse University School of Medicine in 1939 and received his pediatric training at Yale University and Johns Hopkins University, 1939-194). He trained in pediatric pathology at Babies Hospital at the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York City. After the World War II he returned to Babies Hospital where he became interested in pediatric radiology, training from 1945-1947. He became the Director of the Division of Roentgenology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital in 1947. In 1976, he moved to Stanford University Medical Center continuing his teaching and writing, free of administrative duties. He was a pioneer in alerting the medical community and the public on child abuse (battered child syndrome) with his publications in radiology journals in 1953 and 1962. He was one of the most revered teachers at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and was very popular as a visiting professor and lecturer at national and international levels.
Learn More | Make a Gift Now!
3188 Bellevue Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45219
To verify completion of Residency or Fellowship click here