Giving to the Department
The UC Department of Family and Community Medicine is dependent on philanthropic support.
While we have been successful in obtaining federal grants to help support a fraction our educational and research endeavors, we are dependent on the philanthropic support of our stakeholders. We are turning to our alumni and friends to ask for your continued support. Your gift will enable us to continue to commit the time, energy and resources needed to advance innovative primary care in our community.
Donate Online to the general family medicine fund or to any of the funding priorities below. If you would like to explore other giving opportunities, or have giving questions, please contact Mike Zenz at 513-558-63355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Medicine Development Fund To be used at the discretion of the chair for department support
- DFCM Research Division Fund Discretionary fund to support research projects, faculty and staff within the DFCM Research Division
- Geriatric Medicine Discretionary Fund To be used for activities of the Geriatric Medicine Department
- George and Ellen Rieveschl Research Fund To advance research within the Department of Family Medicine
- Martha B. Semmons Fund To be used for education and research in the field of geriatrics
- J. Harry and Ruth Stagaman Award To be used for annual awards to one or more medical students or residents pursuing a career in family medicine
- Thomas D. Hunnicut Memorial Fund To be used for individual stipends to students of the Dept. of Family Medicine so they may study off-campus and to assist in their practical training as family physicians
- International Health Scholarship Fund To be used for scholarships of fellows, medical students, residents and others to assist or design research projects to improve primary health care services as they relate to the International Health Program
- Lucy Oxley Scholarship In 2008, Kenneth Davis, MD, and his wife, Johnie, created the Lucy Oxley, MD, African American Medical Student Scholarship at the College of Medicine. Oxley was the first African-American to earn a medical degree at the UC College of Medicine. The Oxley Scholarship is an endowment fund within the Marilyn Hughes Gaston Scholars Program at the College of Medicine.
- Riverview East Health Outreach Fund Funds shall be used to support the partnership between the Riverview East Academy Health Center and the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the UC College of Medicine. Funds may be used for education, research, and/or programming as part of the partnership, or other related initiatives as identified.
- Integrative Health & Wellness Development Fund To be used to support research, education and patient care needs of the Center for Integrative Health and Wellness.
- Robert Smith MD Conference Room Fund To be used to support the updating of furnishing and technological equipment in conference room 4306 in the Medical Sciences Building.
- UC Family Medicine Global and Underserved Health Fund Supports the Division of Global and Underserved Health within the Department of Family and Community Medicine with the following stipulations: Funds may be used for, but not limited to, travel expenses, supplies, and/or other expenses related to the program.
Contact UsDepartment of
Family and Community Medicine
Medical Sciences Building Suite 4012
231 Albert Sabin Way