The mission of the University of Cincinnati SACNAS chapter is to create a community at UC where ALL minority STEM graduate and undergraduate students can network with students, faculty, and industry leaders at the local, state, and national levels and develop mentee/mentor relationships with each other. We accomplish this through professional development workshops, near-peer mentoring between and among graduate and undergraduate students, community outreach events, and social events. We are one chapter within the larger SACNAS network, one of the largest inclusive organizations dedicated to fostering the success of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans, from college students to professionals, in attaining advanced degrees, careers, and positions of leadership in STEM.
What is SACNAS?
- Largest multicultural and multidisciplinary STEM diversity organization in the country.
- Largest national network for diverse scientists.
- STEM internships and shadowing opportunities available to undergraduate, graduate, and professional student members
- Opportunities for direct mentorship from minority STEM professionals in industry and academia
- Regional and national SACNAS meetings allow for networking, research presentations, and professional development
- Programming available for all academic and professional stages, including undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral/professional levels
How to Join
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meetings: Once a month in the afternoon/early evening hours