Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
UC’s Basic/Translational Research Fellowship prepares subspecialty fellows for careers as physician-scientists with expertise in managing complex medical conditions.
Basic/Translational research fellows join traditional subspecialty fellows in the Department of Internal Medicine to complete the ACGME required subspecialty training requirements. Subspecialty training is one to three years depending upon the program
that is selected. ACGME accredited subspecialty fellowship programs are available in the divisions of Cardiology, Digestive Diseases, Endocrinology, Hematology/Oncology, Immunology/Allergy/Rheumatology, Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, and Pulmonary/Critical
For additional information please visit the Department of Internal Medicine Fellowship website.
Basis/Translational research fellows will continue to develop their clinical skills during their research year by maintaining their continuity clinic (usually one half-day per week) and covering in-patient services amounting in total to approximately
20% of the time for the year (leaving 80% protected research time).
UC’s Basic/Translational Research Fellowship teaches physicians the essential skills to build a solid foundation for a successful academic research career. Qualified, dedicated mentors that are invested in the success of our scholars are available
in all subspecialties within the DOIM.
To nurture research success, fellows spend an additional year of fellowship focused on developing their research skills. This will include not only access to a qualified mentor and their laboratory, but also protected research time, access to several
funding mechanisms, and opportunities for formal study within UC and the Center for Clinical & Translational Science & Training (CCTST). Scholars will receive a Certificate
in Clinical and Translational Research upon completion of the required courses. For additional information, please visit the Clinical & Translational Research Training website.
Jack Rubinstein, MDCo-DirectorR38 ProgramEmail: Jack.Rubinstein@uc.edu
Liz BaukeProgram ManagerPhone: 513-558-2590Email: Elizabeth.Bauke@uc.edu
Medical Sciences Building Room 6065231 Albert Sabin WayPO Box 670557Cincinnati, OH 45267-0557
Phone: 513-558-4231Fax: 513-558-0852Email: firstname.lastname@example.org