Nutri-bytes is a monthly newsletter that addresses current nutrition-related topics, such as strategies for weight loss, the carbohydrate craze, and smart snacking. It contains concise, practical, and easy-to-understand nutrition information for students, patients, and consumers. The one-page newsletter can be used as a handout for teaching patients about healthy eating and activity habits.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view/print newsletters.
- Fun & Fitness in Cold Climates
- Preventing Childhood Obesity
- Probiotics: Beneficial Bacteria?
- New Legislation: Calorie Labeling for Chain Restaurants
- Worksite Wellness: Access to Healthy Foods & Physical Activity
- Food & Nutrition Programs: Key to Health of
Food & Nutrition Programs: Key to Health of Older Adults in the Community
- Sugar…Not to sweet!
- Calcium: Essential for all ages
- Warning: Diet-Drug Interactions!
- Facts About Fiber
- The Nutrient-Density Approach to Healty Eating
- How safe is our food supply?
- Rising interest in HDL - the “good cholesterol”
- Eating Disorders: Complex Conditions
- Food Allergies: More Than A Sneeze
- Weighing your diet options
- Immune-Boosting Lifestyle
- Holiday Hints
- Vitamin D – How much is enough?
- Dining Out - Hold the Calories!
- Can a healthy diet actually contribute to longevity? Find the answer in this month's Nutri-byte.
- Going Green with Local Foods
- Nutrition During Pregnancy
- March is National Nutrition Month!
- Vitamin D Deficiency: A Gloomy Forecast
- Organic Foods…On the Rise
- Appetite: An adversary to weight control?
- A healthy diet plan for persons with diabetes.
- Beverage Guidelines
- Power-Packed Produce!
- Fish & mercury: Cause for concern?
- Bariatric surgery: A solution for the obesity epidemic?
- Vegetarian Diets: Health Alternatives
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- A Cancer Connection: Lifestyle Habits
- Should you believe what you read about nutrition? How to detect "junk science"
- Healthy Lunches: The New “Brown Bag”
- Physical Activity
- Picnic Tidbits
- Chocolate… A Forbidden Food...Maybe Not!
- Legumes: A Healthy Addition to Any Diet!
- DASH A Heart-Healthy Diet
- Healthy Lifestyle Habits for Kids: A Key to Solving the Obesity Epidemic
- Restaurants: Cashing in on Consumer Trends
- Healthy Holiday Eating: Is It Possible?
- Celiac Disease & the Gluten-Free Diet
- Fat is Bad: Fact or Fiction
- Food Safety Tips for Healthy Summer Dining!
- The Food Guidance System:
A Personalized Approach to Diet & Physical Activity
- The Mediterranean Diet: A Healthy Choice?
- A New Role for Dairy Products: Weight Management?
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005
- Physical Activity: Key to Weight Maintenance and Health
- Simple Strategies for Smart Snacking
- Seven Simple Steps to Slimming Down
- Carb Confusion?!?
Nutrition-related Web Sites
Nutrition - Years 1 & 2
Nutrition - Years 3 & 4
Clinical Nutrition Elective
Nutrition Medical Student Scholars Program